Sunday, November 24, 2013

UnSouled


UnSouled (Unwind #3)

Neal Shusterman, 2013


After the destruction of the Graveyard - the safe haven for runaway unwinds - Connor and Lev are trying to find answers. Answers about the man who created unwinding. And about why Proactive Citizenry is so scared of him that they tried to erase him from history. At the same time, Cam - the first "rewound", a person created wholly from unwound parts - is determined to bring down the people who created him. But can they really succeed against such a powerful organization as Proactive Citizenry?

This book was quite fun. I didn't love all the storylines - the Argent story kind of bored me, although I loved the addition of Grace - but there was a lot of great action and drama. Also, I thought the solution that Sonia showed them is actually quite plausible (as far as this world is concerned) - I was a little worried that they would come up with someone outrageous as the solution to unwinding. Very much looking forward to the final book coming out...

Speaking of which, I thought this was going to be the final book! What happened there? Seems they decided to split the final book into two, meaning that Undivided, expected publication October 2014, will be the final book, and will hopefully wrap up all the storylines left hanging at the end of this book. I didn't know this when I started reading UnSouled, so I was actually really annoyed with the ending, thinking that it was the final ending. But once I figured out it wasn't, I decided that the ending was okay after all. I'm just hoping that they are able to wrap everything up in one more book, because I think dragging it out longer than that will actually hurt the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment