Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Taste of Night


The Taste of Night (Signs of the Zodiac #2)

Vicki Pettersson, 2007


Every major city has a Zodiac - forces for good and forces for evil, fighting for balance (Light) or supremacy (Shadow). In Las Vegas, Joanna Archer is an anomaly - half Light and half Shadow - who currently fights for the side of Light. But there are those of the Light who don't trust her and want her gone. And there are those of the Shadow who want to lure her to the other side. So when a deadly virus strikes the city, Joanna must decide not only how to fight it, but who she can trust... if she can trust anybody.

I find myself really enjoying this series. This second book wasn't as good for me as The Scent of Shadows, but I did like the way this one ended, giving me a lot of hope that the rest of the series should really pick up. Not that this book didn't have a fair amount going for it - there was a lot of action and drama, and some really cool reveals (I really liked the concept of the changelings). 

Overall, a quick, fun read that really left me looking forward to the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment