Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Tao of Martha


The Tao of Martha: My Year of LIVING; Or, Why I'm Never Getting All That Glitter Off the Dog

Jen Lancaster, 2013


Jen Lancaster's newest project is to organize and improve her life, using her idol, Martha Stewart, as a guideline. 

I'm so glad I gave Jen Lancaster a second chance. I read Bitter is the New Black last year, and while I mostly enjoyed it, I was a bit underwhelmed. But it was her first book, and it was about her transformation from rich bitch to normal, amusingly crazy person, so the part of the book where she was a rich bitch made me kind of hate her. But something told me that I would like the person she became, so I didn't hesitate to pick up some of her other nonfiction stuff. 

I'm glad I did, because I really enjoyed this one. I found her funny, but also liked her honesty and personality. I listened to this one on audiobook, which she read herself, and it was a fun way to pass the time while cleaning the house and working out at the gym. I'll definitely be reading and/or listening to the rest of her books soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment