Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Walking Dead series


The Walking Dead, Vol. 4: The Heart's Desire

Robert Kirkman, 2005

The Walking Dead, Vol. 5: The Best Defense

Robert Kirkman, 2006

The Walking Dead, Vol. 6: This Sorrowful Life

Robert Kirkman, 2006


The group of survivors from the zombie apocalypse is currently living in a prison that they have cleared of zombies. While investigating a helicopter crash nearby, Rick, Glenn, and Michonne are captured by inhabitants of the "town" of Woodbury and taken to a man calling himself "The Governor". 

I did a little run of Walking Dead comics this weekend. I've been watching the series on TV and had initially wanted to read the comics before watching the show, but never got around to it. I kind of wish that I had read the whole series before seeing the TV interpretation, but it's also kind of fun to know how things play out in the show ahead of time. It's not too much of a spoiler, though, because there is plenty that is different between show and comic. The biggest difference in these issues is the introduction of The Governor. I like the way they did it on the show and thought that it played out really well. The introduction it a lot different in the comics, however, and I thought it was kind of awesome. Although I can see why they went a different route on the show - especially in the way they showed Michonne's interactions with him. I'm really enjoying both the TV and comic series, though, and can't wait to see where they both go in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment