Saturday, April 27, 2013

Read-a-Thon Post 2

The task: Come up with a menu based on the book you are currently reading. 

Current read: Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next #2) by Jasper Fforde. 

This book takes place in England in 1985. My drink, of course, would be tea. They drink tea a lot in this book. 

For an alcoholic beverage, I'm going with what I'm going to call "End of the World Iced Tea". It would be a Long Island Iced Tea, with Strawberry-flavored vodka used in place of regular vodka, and a strawberry garnish. 

The meal would be hot meat pasties, and dessert would be a strawberry pudding.

Why? You might ask. The tea and pasties are mentioned in the book. As for the strawberries... well, that's how the world is set to end. Everything turns into strawberry pudding. (You'll have to read the book to understand, but I swear it would all make sense to you then.)

Happy eating :)

1 comment:

  1. You just made my mouth water. You're doing so epically awesome, keep going! I'd love to be one of the people invited to your party. HEHE.

    - Cheerleader Nova

    ReplyDelete