Saturday, April 27, 2013

Read-a-Thon Post 4

Still reading! I had some chores to do around the house, so I picked up my audiobook of Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter that I've been listening to at the gym and got some of that read. It's quite good so far. 

I'm checking in to post for the Hour 7 mini-challenge: Best and Worst Covers.

As I just finished reading The Birth House, I'm going to use that as my example. Although some people might find it still pretty boring, I really like the cover for the paperback copy. It looks kind of like an old, faded photograph, which fits in with the time period of the story, I think.


The copy that I read, however, was a hardcover from the library. It's not that the cover is bad or ugly, but it's just so plain and tells you absolutely nothing about what kind of a book you're getting into. 



At least the book was good, even if the cover wasn't. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I read Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter - it was definitely a thought provoking book. Happy Reading!

    --Janel #TeamTiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked The Birth House, and I agree with you about the covers. I'd read from a copy with the first cover.

    ReplyDelete