Friday, January 11, 2013

The Prisoner of Heaven

The Prisoner of Heaven (El cementerio de los libros olvidados #3)

Carlos Ruiz Zafon, 2011


In case you're wondering, the series name is "The Cemetery of Forgotten Books" in Spanish. It was originally published in Spanish.

This book was another excellent addition to the world introduced in Zafon's book The Shadow of the Wind. I kind of wish that I had read all three of them one after the other, because there were a lot of things in this book that referenced the other books, and even though I didn't read them all that long ago there were a few things that I had forgotten. My only complaint is that I wasn't thrilled with the way it ended, wanting one storyline to be wrapped up a little better than it was. If there is another book coming, I take back my complaint, but I thought that this was the last. Still an excellent read though. 

By the way, as a book nerd, I really wish that the Cemetery of Forgotten Books really existed, because I think that it would be an awesome place to see. Very vivid imagery there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment