Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Locke and Key, Vol. 5: Clockworks

Locke and Key, Vol. 5: Clockworks

Joe Hill, 2012


The last of the published volumes of the Locke and Key comic series. I loved the earlier issues of the series, and this one is no exception. I can't wait for the 6th volume, "Omega", to be published. This one was more of a flashback volume, showing us what happened back with the Locke kids' father and Dodge and the rest of the group. So while a major cliffhanger from Vol. 4 wasn't resolved (damn him for making me wait!), it answered a lot of other questions about the keys and what Zack is up to. Another great entry in the series.

I'm a fan of comics, although I've really only dipped into the more recent series - Sandman, The Walking Dead - and only barely touched the older, classic stuff like Batman, Superman, etc. While I think Neil Gaiman's Sandman series is still my favorite, Hill's Locke and Key series has the potential to surpass even that fantastic series. I can't wait to see where he takes it. Anyone who enjoys the more recent, more horror-based comic series should pick this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment