Thursday, July 18, 2013

Break No Bones


Break No Bones (Temperance Brennan #9)

Kathy Reichs, 2006


While teaching an anthropology field school on the South Carolina coast, Dr. Brennan and her students come across a recently buried body in the excavated Native American burial ground. In her search to identify the remains, Dr. Brennan stumbles across a much bigger plot - one in which the body count is rising - and her life may be at risk as well.

I really enjoy this series of books. Even though this title wasn't one of my favorites in the series, it was still a very enjoyable read. (In general, I prefer the ones set in Montreal.) There was plenty of action, excitement, drama, and science (I'm a nerd at heart). I wasn't overly thrilled with the personal drama - I'm just not a big fan of Pete - but that was a small enough part of the plot that it didn't distract me too much. I was also pleased that I was not able to see the big reveal coming, about why the people were being murdered, and I was just as unsure about whodunnit as Brennan was. 

Overall, an excellent read, and I'm looking forward to picking up the next book in the series soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment