Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Before I Go to Sleep


Before I Go to Sleep

S.J. Watson, 2011


Imagine waking up every morning with no idea where, or even WHO, you are. Relying on the man who calls himself your husband to remind you of everything important that has happened to you since you were a child. This is what Christine Lucas has gone through every single day since the accident that left her barely alive and with no memories. But when a man calls her, claiming to be her doctor, and tells her that they are working to reclaim some of her memories and that she has been writing down the events of her days in a hidden journal, Christine finds that there are a few memories that are coming back to her. But who can she trust? And can she even trust what she has written down? 

This was a really interesting mystery novel. With hints of the movie, Memento, it was fun trying to put together the pieces of Christine's life as she was trying to do the same herself. I'll admit that the guess I had on "whodunnit" ended up being wrong, but I really enjoyed watching how it all played out. I thought that the ending could have been expanded a little - it seemed a tad rushed - although I didn't mind the fact that not everything was wrapped up in a neat little bow. Overall this was a really enjoyable novel that I didn't expect to like as much as I did, but I'm glad I read it. A pretty fast read but definitely worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment