Thursday, March 21, 2013

This Time Together

This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection

Carol Burnett, 2010


Not so much a memoir and more a collection of stories and anecdotes, this book brings together stories about the life of Carol Burnett, both her attempts to break into show business and her life in the spotlight. 

(Side note: The audiobook is read by the actress, and is therefore highly recommended, if only for the Tarzan yell.)

I love Carol Burnett. I used to watch her comedy show in re-runs all the time when I was younger and I can rarely remember ever laughing as hard as I did when I watched her show.  So I was excited to find out about her more as a person as well as listening to stories about what life was like filming the show. 

I wasn't disappointed. I thought that Burnett was funny and she seemed honest in the stories she told. At times I found it a little amusing that whenever she would talk about actors or singers that she worked with they always ended up being long-time friends, but honestly, I think if I ever met her I'd want to be her best friend, too. I'm glad I picked this one up and was able to find out a little more about one of my favorite performers. Now I just want to sit in front of my computer and pull up re-runs and blooper reels of The Carol Burnett Show on YouTube....

No comments:

Post a Comment